Sugar Lakes Family Practice COVID-19 Information Center
Updated April 27, 2020
Your health and the health of our community are our highest priority. Sugar Lakes Family Practice is here to support you and your family during the COVID-19 pandemic and to provide uninterrupted healthcare. We are providing the following information to help keep our patients and employees informed.
Sugar Lakes Family Practice currently has modified COVID-19 hours:
Monday 7:00AM-4:00PM Closed 12:00PM-1:00PM
Tuesday 8:00AM-4:00PM Closed 12:00PM-1:00PM
Wednesday 7:00AM-4:00PM Closed 12:00PM-1:00PM
Thursday 8:00AM-4:00PM Closed 12:00PM-1:00PM
Friday 7:00AM-4:00PM Closed 12:00PM-1:00PM
*If you need medical care after hours, please call our after-hours number at 281-537-4385 *There are still staff in the office until 5:00PM.
Your health and safety is our highest priority. If you suspect you have Coronavirus, contact our office before seeking in-person care.
Please stay focused on your health, continue to manage ongoing conditions and contact us with any questions about your care plan
Watch for symptoms
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness.
These symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
When to Seek Medical Attention
If you have any of these emergency warning signs* for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
Call 911 if you have a medical emergency: Notify the operator that you have, or think you might have, COVID-19. If possible, put on a cloth face covering before medical help arrives.
- Our clinics will remain open. We are currently seeing well appointments in office. If you need a physical exam, well-woman exam, a follow up, or any non-sick appointments in office.
- Sugar Lakes Family Practice is now conducting virtual visits for all sick visits. If the provider feel you are experiencing COVID symptoms, they will have you drive by and we can conduct COVID, Flu or Strep Testing from the safety of your vehicle. Click HERE for information and directions for scheduling a Virtual Visit
What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel Coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
Current information shows that older adults and people with chronic conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, and lung disease, are at higher risk of getting very sick from this illness. Although it is possible for everyone, including young people, to be affected, your individual risk is low.
Check the CDC website for more updates https://www.cdc.gov/
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. We strongly recommend the following:
- If you have any flu-like symptoms, such as fever, a dry cough and/or shortness of breath, contact us.
- Take common-sense preventative actions to stop the spread of germs. CLICK TO LEARN MORE
- Practice social distancing (6 feet apart).
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover coughs and sneezes and then immediately wash your hands.